Thursday, July 16 from 11:45AM to 1:00PM
Join us as Earl Rudolph of CALMAC IceBank Energy Storage discusses what Energy Storage is, why it is needed to achieve sustainability, and the different types of energy storage technologies, specifically focusing on thermal energy storage. Designers will understand air-conditioning's role in efficiency, sustainability, and its various benefits after taking this course.
By completing this course the design professional will be able to:
1. Describe what energy storage is
2. List examples of different forms of energy storage
3. Describe how energy storage works
4. Describe why energy storage is needed to make new renewable generation sources (i.e. wind, solar) more viable
5. Explain how thermal energy storage saves energy and money
6. Explain how thermal storage may contribute towards a project earning LEED Certification
7. Explain how Westar Energy sets rates for commercial buildings
Thursday, July 16 from 11:45 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Wichita WATER Center
101 East Pawnee
Wichita, Kansas 67211
Lunch will be provided at this event.
Registration closes at noon on Wednesday, July 15.
To register for payment at the door, contact Tom Nelson at email@example.com