The Residential Green committee focuses on the answer to that question, and how to spread the word to the broader community of building professionals and homeowners in our region. We invite you to be part of this team and get involved today!
Goals and Action Items:
· Find ways to bring greater awareness and buy-in of better building practices to promote efficiency, health, affordability and comfort to other building professionals in the area.
· Locate and / or execute outreach to homeowners on sustainability in remodeling and why it should matter to them.
· Bring broader awareness to real estate professionals; target MLS as a way to modify existing information in the system as a tool to promote awareness among homebuyers.
These are just three goals the Residential Homes Committee is aiming to achieve. Although the Central Plains Chapter region is broad, our goal is to promote green building practices - through weatherization and product choices of low-embodied energy - within the Kansas City area first.
The team is seeking new volunteers. If you're one of the following and passionate about Green Homes, please inquire today about how to get involved.
· Real Estate professionals
· Sustainable building practice consultants
· Green product manufactures reps and dealers
· Corporate sustainable program managers
· Civil Environmental program managers
· Energy efficient program managers at utilities and other non for profit's.
· Interested parties/ homeowners
If the Central Plains Chapter is going to attack sustainability completely, it will take enthusiastic volunteers who are willing to clearly define and act on the goals. Residential buildings account for almost as much as commercial in energy use - each 20% of the US' total energy consumption. It's time to get to work!
To learn more about this team, contact Perry Quick and Mary English.